My seventh and eight teaching observation

We now have four more classes to teach as student teachers and that was a bittersweet feeling. Since the changes we made our classes have been very engaging. We learned so much about our students. I think flexibility and willingness to change are some of the most important traits/lessons an ESL teacher can carry with them. I found that out during my overseas teaching stint and I have tried my best to continue that here, for my online practicum course. Katie and I have been able to maintain a very effective communication and planning strategy while creating our lesson. This was very important to me because despite carrying an experience of ESL teaching none of the student teachers in this course taught with partners before. It has its ups and downs of course as everyone brings their own teaching style to the table but I am very happy to report and conclude that Katie and myself complimented our very different teaching styles with a lot of ease. Katie brings a sense of calm and patience to the table, she took care of things which I sometimes overlooked whereas I was able to bring last minute adjustments and roll with the changes, turning it into something productive owing to my previous teaching experience. We complimented each other very well and I was very grateful for all her support in class and outside of class. We tried playing online games adhering to lesson content so the students were learning exactly what they were supposed to as per their curriculum. We experimented with videos and follow up quizzes, questions, hypothetical scenarios to get their creative side working. We felt very confident as teachers and by now the students expressed their enthusiasm after a given activity or discussion round.